It's been a real struggle these days with Owen. He is testing me with everything I say.
Owen: "mommy can I have a snack?"
Mommy: "No Owen you just had dinner and you said you were all done, if you want something to eat, you can finish your dinner"
Owen "but mommy" he whines, "just a little snack?"
Mommy: "no Owen, finish your dinner if you're so hungry"
Owen : "just a little tiny snack, you tell me what kind of snack I can have"
Mommy getting louder: "you're not having a snack, you can have the rest of your dinner"
Owen: "i'm getting a snack"
Mommy: "no you're not"
Owen, walks to the kitchen looking back at me "I'm getting a snack mommy"
Mommy: "OWEN GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN. I said NO"
Owen whines "but mommy i'm so hungry and i just want to have maybe a freezie or a something small like a cookie" ...in other words he wants a treat, not a snack! ha, not going to happen.
Mommy: "I said no."
Owen: "I'm gonna go get it myself" says tauntingly.
Mommy gives him the Mommy Stare Down
I win. He cries.
this is my life every day, about 10 times a day.
have i told you about bedtime yet? that's another blog.
((((and please be aware, i'm NOT starving my child, i'm not depriving him of food. he usually won't eat any of his breakfast/lunch/dinner because he just wants to eat snacks all day. but usually after this conversation, he eats his food i've made for him and then he can have a snack after it's all done!)))))



0 comments:
Post a Comment