CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Venting it out!

Yesterday I was at My Scrapbook Place with Owen, and he had to go to the bathroom...so I told him to go ask Val (she owns the store) to use her bathroom, and he became shy to ask her. So I told him he had to ask before he could go, I didn't want to play a game about it. He refused. So he went off and played with some toys that she has there for the kids. A couple minutes later, he said he had to go pee still, I told him to go ask Val, all he had to say was "peepee please" and she will let him use her bathroom. He refused again. I told him he'd have to hold it til we got home then. There was a lady there watching us, and I looked up at her....and she says..."It's not something you should make him wait for"...I glared at her and said, "well this is not my store and he's more than capable of talking for himself" and left it at that....simmering and festering in my head I wish I could have brought myself to say more to that lady for interferring with me and my son. (like, mind your own f*ing business) I am teaching my son to respect places I go to shop and to ask politely. It's not like at home, or at friends, or relatives houses, this is a place of business. I hope I got my point across with my evil look I gave her and my tone was not nice either. But after that happened, the Mommy-guilt set in and I asked Val if Owen could use the bathroo, so I caved in, exactly what I wanted not to happen. After he used it, I paid for my stuff and I was outta there. I didn't even want to be tempted to take that stranger out in the parking lot with me. I think I could have used temporary insanity of a pregnant woman as my defence, but I wasn't willing to take that chance and got out of there immediately!

You can *think* whatever you'd like in your head of other peoples parenting, but don't say stuff out loud to parents that are trying to deal with their children out in public the best way they know how. It's rude and it's really none of anyone's business.
Just needed to vent that out, because apparently I'm still really upset about this and it's been 24 hours already, I'm trying to let it go, but it's still festering and I just needed to release the anger out in my blog! lol Hey I'm hormonal and emotional, and nobody messes with me and Owen...nobody!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you hate when you think of the perfect thing to say after! I hate that.